Emergency First Aid at Work
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in Emergency First Aid at Work and is ideally suited for nominated first-aiders in smaller, low-risk working environments.
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Introduction – What is first aid?
- First aider – An explanation of the role of the first aider, highlighting the responsibilities.
- Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) – An overview of the key Health and Safety Regulations to which companies in the UK need to comply, together with the employer’s and employee’s legal responsibilities.
- The Management of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- First Aid at Work Provision.
- First aid kit – What are the required contents of a first aid kit and how to avoid cross infection.
- Accident reporting and recording – How to report and record incidents and accidents and the importance of maintaining records in the workplace.
- Assessing – How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Communication – How to communicate and approach a casualty safely.
- Administer – How to administer first aid to a casualty and infection control.
Action in an emergency
- Primary survey
- Secondary assessments
- The respiratory system
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The chain of survival
- Disorders of respiration
- Disorders of circulation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor burns and scalds
- Foreign objects
Questions and Answers
There are ongoing questions and answers during the course to clarify and query any of the points raised.
There is an ongoing practical assessment by the trainer and a written workbook completed throughout the course.
Why Train with RDC Safety Limited?
RDC Safety Limited have a strong team of specialist trainers who develop and deliver bespoke courses tailored to suit your business’s individual requirements. From personal consulting, to providing training courses, and bespoke policies and procedures, RDC Safety Limited invests the time to understand your business.